This page includes frequently asked questions and requests regarding working in our group or visiting us at Saarland University.
I consider this web page a way to communicate with potential applications as well as with students currently enrolled at Saarland university that intend to pursue a Bachelor/Master/PhD with me.
How to enter into our graduate studies program?
- All necessary information concerning admission to our graduate school program can be found here.
- Note that external students are admitted to the graduate program, and not to research groups of individual faculty members. Thus please do not contact me for PhD positions. If you are interested in working with me, please mention this in your application.
- International admission to our graduate program is competitive and students get financial support.
Bachelor, master, and PhD applications
- If you are interested in working with me, send me an email or, even better, drop by my office, and let's talk! I consider it important to find a topic or problem that you are interested in and is tailored to your background knowledge. Most of my master students get a publication out of their thesis (see here).
- I particularly welcome students that already attended one of my courses and/or took some courses on security and cryptography. Students with a background/interest in semantics of programming languages, type theory, and theorem proving will also receive special consideration.
- I love to work closely with my students and to meet with them on a daily basis. For this reason, I intend to keep the number of students, in particular PhD students, at a reasonable size.
- If you are interested in a postdoc position, please send me your application (CV, publication list, research statement, name and e-mail of three references, and intended period of stay). Applications may be submitted electronically; in this case they should consist of pdf files only.