Homepage of Matteo Maffei
ContactProf. Dr. Matteo Maffei
News: In 2017, I joined TU Vienna.
I studied Computer Science at the University of Venice (Italy), where I received the Laurea in 2002 and the Ph.D. in 2006.
In the years 2006-2008, I conducted postdoctoral research at the Information Security and Cryptography group at Saarland University. In the years 2008-2013, I led the Language-Based Security group, which was affiliated with the Cluster of Excellence "Multimodal Computing and Interaction" and, since 2009, supported by the Emmy Noether fellowship by the German Research Foundation.
In 2013 I was appointed W2 professor at Saarland University within the Competence Center on IT-Security, Privacy, and Accountability, where I am currently heading the Secure and Privacy-preserving Systems Group.
In 2017, I joined TU Vienna as full professor and head of the Security and Privacy group.
Here you can find my CV.
- Formal analysis of security and privacy properties in distributed systems (cryptographic protocols, web applications, ...)
- Formal analysis of mobile apps
- Program verification (type systems, abstract interpretation, SMT solving, ...)
- Security and privacy by design
- Privacy-enhancing technologies (ORAM, SMPC, zero-knowledge proofs, ...)
- Privacy in cloud applications